| Yo this here is the 9th Featured Article.
"Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds" has been featured, meaning it was chosen as an article of interest.
Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds is a crossover fighting game developed and published by Capcom for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 coming out in March 2011.
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is the eighth entry in Capcom's VS. series and is also the fifth entry to crossover with Marvel. Like Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes, the game features tag team fighting in which each player chooses a team of three and can choose one of three assists for each character. The control scheme is similar to Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars and consists of two assist buttons, a light, medium, and heavy attack button, and a new button called the exchange button which launches an opponent into the air to set up air combos. As with Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, the controls are customizable. The game also introduces an optional control mode called Simple mode which simplifies the controls on to one button.
From Marvel propertiesEdit
|Captain America||Captain America|
|Doctor Doom||Fantastic Four|
|Hulk||The Incredible Hulk|
|Iron Man||Iron Man|
|Shuma-Gorath (DLC)||Doctor Strange|
|Spider-Man||The Amazing Spider-Man|
|Super Skrull||Fantastic Four|
From Capcom propertiesEdit
|Albert Wesker||Resident Evil|
|Arthur||Ghosts 'n Goblins|
|Chris Redfield||Resident Evil|
|Crimson Viper||Street Fighter|
|Dante||Devil May Cry|
|Jill Valentine (DLC)||Resident Evil|
|Mike Haggar||Final Fight|
|Nathan "Rad" Spencer||Bionic Commando|
|Trish||Devil May Cry|
|Tron Bonne||MegaMan Legends|
|Viewtiful Joe||Viewtiful Joe|
- Viewtiful Joe is assisted by Sexy Silvia during his Six Machine Cannon hyper combo.
- Joe still gets excited whenever he meets a real super-hero, shocked that he's meeting "a real hero" and asks if they're "for real".
- In-game dialogue in Ultimate also suggest that Joe's favorite superhero (from Marvel at least) is Nova, who is the only hero he has unique banter with during the fight. Joe even begs Nova to let him join the Nova Corps after battle.
- Interestingly, Joe and Amaterasu are shown fighting alongside each other during the Episode 2 trailer. Seeing as both the Viewtiful Joe and Okami series were created by Clover Studios, and more specifically, Hideki Kamiya, this is probably not a coincidence.
- This game confirms Joe and Dante as being friends. They even establish a friendly competition: whoever wins earns the titles of both "Stylish" and "Viewtiful".
- Captain Blue, Jet Black, and Alastor appear in Joe's ending.
- Joe's alternate costumes are based off of Captain Blue Jr., Jet Black in his normal form and his Rainbow Oscar form, Silvia, and Alastor.
- Cutscenes for the game show Joe primarily fighting against the Super Skrull for the original game and the opening cutscene for Ultimate has Joe facing Rocket Raccoon.